Six Mile Run has formed the Peace and Justice Ministry to tackle important issues facing our communities and world. Quarterly, the ministry will highlight a social topic, host a speaker, and two related activities. The ministry will also teach its members effective advocacy to governmental representatives. All are welcome to attend the topic discussions and activities, which will be held after Sunday church service during fellowship hour.
The current schedule of social topics are:
- September 30 2018: Refugees and Immigration
- November 2018: Peace Making in Our Local Community
- February 2018: Mass Incarceration
- May 2019: Climate Change/Environmental Stewardship
- August 2019: Human Trafficking
- November 2019: Drone Warfare
With God’s help we can affect the change we need in our communities and in our world.